Thursday, 23 August 2012

Mmm...No1...Cookbook - Now Available In India!

Announcement this week that Amazon.Com is now availabel in India, and this has led to a surge of a total of 4 additional downloads of Mmm...No1...Cookbook (not quite retiring just yet)! It will be interesting to see the response to Stags! and Ole And Zac And The Port Of Tumbattle when I offer them free this week, starting tomorrow with "Tumbattle".

I read quite a lot of Indie Kindle books last week whilst on holiday in Portugal, and the most common theme throughout is....they all need a good edit!

In the main they were good stories, but lets be honest, I'm only reading the majority of them as they are the work of indie authors who, like me, deserve a bit of help. But, indie authors, more than published authors, need to help themselves. Every step of the publishing process has to be undertaken, and that includes editing. One book, that shall remain nameless, could also do with a good spellchecker!

The mistakes were that common across all titles and all genres that I started to wonder if it was a quirk of Kindle publishing that it occasionally added or removed key words and misspelt others. I suspect not, but I have contacted one indie author directly to ask his advice!

No comments:

Post a Comment