Wednesday, 9 May 2012

Mmm...No1...Cookbook - When Is A Kindle Not A Kindle?

Well the answer to that one is "When its a paperback!" I submitted my "final" version to Createspace yesterday and when reading the proofs today I noticed that there were no page numbers. The reason was simple - I had submitted the Kindle manuscript rather than the paperback one. Fortunately I had not ordered printed proofs and the mistake was easily rectified. This self publishing business is not as glamorous as its made out to be (ha!), or as my wife would say, "its not all rock and roll"!

This may sound a trivial mistake, but I bet lots of other authors have done the same thing! Or perhaps even worse. Feel free to share your bloopers so that we can all avoid the same.

Currently sat with my leg up on a hot water bottle nursing potential torn cartilage, a cricket injury from last Saturday. I'm sure this isn't a healthy position for using a laptop, but what's a writer to do?

Anyway, cover of Mmm...No1...Cookbook is now available.


That's my paella on the cover!

No comments:

Post a Comment