Sunday, 29 April 2012

Mmm...No1...Cookbook - Final preparation

Today has been a good day! Stayed in bed until 11am, mainly because I was reviewing the Cookery Book on Createspace on my laptop. Createspace has improved a lot, and the interior review feature is fantastic. I am not expecting to sell many paperbacks (this is essentially a Kindle venture), but for those of you that are interested the price has been set at $4.99.

Just waiting for approval before ordering a proof, and I'm hoping to get round to uploading the text for Kindle later this evening.

Ive also dug out an old fantasy manuscript that I penned some 25 years ago. The thing with fantasy is that it doesn't really age (think Lord Of The Rings). I may well polish it up, type it all in again (I have it on a diskette that is probably corroded with age, even if I could find a computer old enough to read it, and the correct version of the word processing software), and get it out there on Kindle to see if there is any interest.

I must also get round to speaking to a Rockabilly acquaintance of mine as I am supposed to be writing his bio, constructed around his 50 favourite songs to commemorate his 50th birthday.

Got a nice response from the British Library detailing where I need to go and what to look for as I start my research on the career of the Manchester United manager Sir Alex Ferguson as seen through the press. This is a huge piece of work, but I have set myself a six month target to complete the research, and another three months to complete the book.

Will I ever get round to completing my works in progress that include a children's poetry compendium, a scifi short story and a ghost story?

I'm also trying to get guest blog spots as well as maintaining the Whaley Bridge Cricket Club website www.whalyebridgecc.co.uk.

If only I didn't have a day job!

No comments:

Post a Comment